I love making and receiving preserves and other edible presents. You don’t have to be a gourmet cook to put all of these together, any one can marinate a jar of olives. These are some of my favourite homemade gifts. I hope you have fun creating them.
- Marinated olives: olives and herbs in a jar – gift giving has never been easier.
- Pickled preserved lemons: This recipe revolutionised the way I preserve my favourite citrus fruit and is simple to create.
- Kimchi: The perfect edible gift for chili-heads. This takes a moderate level of skill and a couple of days to brew.
- Mauritian pickles: Like kimchi this will take some time to prepare but the result is stunning.
- Salt body scrub: While I wouldn’t advise eating this, the scrub makes a perfect present for those who like to feed their skin.
Homemade gifts make great presents any time of year, not just for Christmas. These handmade offerings are perfect for birthdays, thank yous and for paying it forward. You don’t need a reason to share the love.