Rest, revitalise & inspire 2018: A nourishing retreat for health practitioners
27 May to 1 June 2018, in Bali
Do you dream about taking a break from your practice to reconnect with your passion, share the wisdom of like-minded professionals and be re-inspired by your work?
*only 2 places left: applications close 26 March (or sooner if sold out)*
See below for details
A retreat is about taking time out from the usual demands of clients, business and daily life. It’s a place to rest, reflect, learn and dream. Bali is an ideal environment to nurture body, mind and spirit. We’ve found a beautiful, calm environment to host the retreat, with delicious organic food, onsite spa and an eco-friendly ethos.
The workshops explored on the retreat are ideal for any health professional who wants to grow an existing business, explore new possibilities or simply get their mojo back.
Gill Stannard and Charmaine Dennis are naturopaths and clinic owners, with over 45 years’ experience between them. As leaders in their field, they are sought after for business and professional mentoring. Through a series of workshops, they’ll guide you through the skills you need to grow an authentic business, explore new ventures and excel in what you love.
With an emphasis on self care, there will also be sufficient time to relax, be pampered and digest all the new ideas. The eco-resort, just outside of Ubud, provides an ideal place to cocoon and replenish.
“Thank you Charmaine Dennis and Gill Stannard for the most amazing, unique and inspiring business retreat! The perfect balance of understanding ourselves, working through blocks that can influence our success and practical advice blended with movement and mindfulness practice. We had some self-nurture time and space to relax and explore the delightful surrounds, were nourished with delicious home grown organic food presented in the most beautiful way, and supported personally in our own journeys.
You are both so generous in sharing your knowledge and experiences and I will certainly benefit from the experience, including some new friendships. Thank you from the bottom of my now expanded heart!”
Doreen Schwegler, Naturopath and Rest, Revitalise & Inspire 2017 participant
Who is Rest, revitalise and inspire for?
Are you a health practitioner who isn’t living your dream? Whether you’ve been in the business a short time and looking for ways to grow it, or wanting to change direction after decades in practice – this program will help you shape your vision without hype or hackneyed advice. It doesn’t matter if your business is large or small, just that you’re ready for rejuvenation.
Our inaugural retreat in 2017 attracted both emerging and highly experienced practitioners. Participants ranged from three to 30 years in business, across a number of different complementary health professions and styles of practice.
“I ‘was’ that person thinking WTF, flailing around trying to do marketing for myself. Ha!
Taking the time and finding truly what my values are. …is confirmation to follow my heart and start this project that I had been only dreaming about. Previously focusing on the obstacles. As opposed to putting one foot in front of the other and doing.”
Nurture, connect and grow
As practitioners we often feel isolated, both within our own profession and the health industry as a whole. In the relaxed retreat environment, we create the opportunity to connect, share our experiences with each other and potentially build future collaborations.
“The relationship that developed between the participants was very nurturing and bonding. That was (something) I didn’t expect.”
Doreen Schwegler, naturopath and Rest, Revitalise & Inspire 2017 participant
What we do on the retreat
The retreat begins on Sunday afternoon with a traditional Balinese welcome, and ends at midday on the following Friday. This six day immersive experience explores self-care and the business side of clinical practice. Key aspects of the retreat include:
- Coming together with a small group of like-minded multidisciplinary practitioners
- Movement and meditation for those who like to start the day mindfully.
- Daily workshops that delve deep; caring for ourselves as practitioners, auditing the way we work and pathways to an authentic business, including ways to profitably boost your practice in alignment with your core values.
- Group mentoring with two of Australia’s leading naturopaths and successful clinic owners, sharing over 45 years of combined experience.
- Free time each afternoon for relaxing by the pool, enjoying a massage in the day spa, resting or whatever you need.
- Regrouping and reflecting before enjoying a nourishing, organic dinner.
- The opportunity for collaboration.
- Five nights accommodation, plus all meals in an eco-friendly, tranquil haven.
- A special excursion to Tirta Empul and ritual.
|Shared deluxe cottage||only 1 left!||$3070|
|Deluxe cottage just for you!||almost sold out||$3445|
What’s included in the price?
- Six amazing days of mentoring with two of Australia’s most experienced complementary medicine practitioners/multidisciplinary clinic owners.
- Immersive workshop program (more than 20 hours).
- Five nights’ accommodation, with a variety of options to choose from.
- All meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners.
- A one hour massage.
- Movement/meditation session most mornings.
- Transfers to and from Denpasar airport (when flying in/out on the days the retreat begins/ends).
- Excursion to Tirta Empul and ritual.
- Plus a few surprises!
- Airfares (and associated taxes and levies).
- Insurance (travel and event cancellation insurance is highly recommended).
- Transport to venue when participants don’t come directly from airport on the first day of the retreat, arriving earlier than 27 May or departing after 1 June.
- Sundry expenses such as extra massages and treatments, alcohol, external activities.
How to apply
We’d love you to join us in Bali for a practitioner experience like no other. Please read the full details and upload the short application form.
If you need to talk to us about the retreat before the early bird ends on December 31st please upload this early bird questions, if you have any urgent questions.
Like our Facebook event page to stay in the loop. Mark yourself as “interested” for some extra love!
About Gill and Charmaine
Gill Stannard is a naturopath and mentor with more than 26 years in the business, including owning City Natural Therapies a successful Melbourne multi-disciplinary clinic. She’s an expert in both old and new media, with many decades of radio (including the epic 3RRR Health Trip for 20 years), television and social media experience. Gill began mentoring practitioners in 1997, running group and individual programs. She loves helping clinicians grow their confidence, resolve blocks and find their authentic business style. Since following her heart and relocating from Melbourne to Sydney, Gill’s opened a clinic in the Inner West and continues to be a digital pioneer working with naturopathic and mentoring clients near and far. Read more about Gill.
Charmaine Dennis is as a multi-passionate and inspired entrepreneur and leader with a love for helping others to find their sweet spots in life and business. Her greatest business accomplishment is the co-creation of the dynamic and highly successful multidisciplinary natural medicine practice Fertile Ground Health Group (now 16 years old). She has created a number of other successful collaborations including the Be Fertile guided relaxation series and The Breakfast Project. The last 6 years of her 20 year career has seen her focus evolve from naturopathic practitioner to mentor and inspirational leader.