While it’s cold outside, it’s the perfect time for a warming one dish wonder. Here are five of my favourite winter meals.
They’re also dairy and gluten free (and all but one are vegan).
- Tofu and eggplant in tomatoes and ginger sauce – this is utterly delicious. For the tofu averse, you can make it with fish or chicken (seal first, then simmer in the sauce until cooked).
- Cauliflower curry – so mild, it’s perfect for those who can’t stand the heat (chili lovers can add a spicy sambal).
- Chili beans – I’ve been refining this recipe since my first foray into vegetarianism in the 1980’s. Updated so it’s no longer just for hippies!
- Fish pie – a dairy-free fish pie topped with comforting mash. My absolute favourite winter meal, loved by friends and family.
- Millet and pumpkin pilaf – the perfect Meat-free Monday meal and a perfect way to cook this under-used grain.
What are your healthy and delicious winter warmer?